Merry Christmas, guys! It’s been a million years since I’ve posted anything here, but I’ve been thinking of you as I’m scrambling this week to fluff up the stack under the tree.
If you’re like me, you’ve got the main presents taken care of, but here in the home stretch you might worry about there just being enough time spent unwrapping, or you’re thinking about what to put in the stockings, or you’re worried that maybe one person’s stack doesn’t look as big as another person’s stack. Or maybe you just remembered your spouse…
Anyhow, I’ve been going back and forth with my BFF on ideas to “fluff” the piles under our trees without wasting money on trinkets or dollar store junk. Together, we’ve been making a huge list of useful fluff to round everything out. I’m sharing our list here with hopes that this helps you with some of your last minute shopping trips!
(the obvious)PERSONAL CARE ITEMS:
- Toiletries, Toothbrushes, Underwear, and Socks
- Clothes and Shoes
- Hair ties
- Hair “product”
- Lip balm and lotions
- Fancy Cleaning Supplies and Soaps (Think Mrs. Meyers. Put it in my stocking. The basil is my favorite.)
- The little things of wipes that fit in a purse or backpack
- Makeup removal wipes
- Headphones (BECAUSE we lose and break these every day! Why is there not a subscription service for headphones yet? Dollar Shave Club for headphones! PLEASE somebody do it! Take all my money!)
- Charging cables
- Crayons and Markers and Paints and Construction Paper and Glue
- Play Doh! We go through it like water around here!
- Slinky (because these are a CLASSIC, but they usually need replaced.)
- Silly Putty (see note on Slinky)
- Yo Yos (see note on Silly Putty)
STUFF YOU CARRY WITH YOU AND LOSE ALL THE FRIGGIN’ TIME (IF YOU’RE ME)
- Mittens and gloves
- Sock hats
- Travel Mugs and Water Bottles and Sippy Cups
- Lunch Boxes
HOUSEHOLD STUFF THAT MIGHT NEED REPLACED
- Pillows, pillow cases, and sheets
- Cookware and cooking utensils (Spatulas don’t last forever)
- Orange peelers (I lose these almost as fast as I lose headphones. It’s amazing.)
- House plants (Better to have loved and lost… Maybe I should add goldfish here, as well?)
- Writing utensils
- Favorite road trip snacks (if you’re traveling this holiday!)
- Favorite beverages (here’s some ideas: Sleepy Time Tea, Ginger Ale, Diet Mountain Dew, Bob Evans Coffee, Great Lakes Christmas Ale…)
- Favorite breakfast cereals (Wraps up nicely under the tree!)
- Boxes of Brownie Mix (if you play your cards right, you might even get some brownies for yourself out of the deal!)
Hope that gives you a little inspiration! Feel free to leave more ideas in the comments! We can just keep adding to this list year by year!
PS! Guitar picks! Just thought of guitar picks— and strings!